Wednesday, April 19th • 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Open to All Current PCI Students and Alumni
Network with Employers and Kick-Start Your New Career!
School-sponsored career fairs are popular for recruiting entry-level employees. They allow corporate recruiters to screen many prospects in a short amount of time. Employers evaluate job candidates based on appearance, communication skills and first impressions, in addition to qualifications. Below are guidelines to help you get the most out of this exciting event.
Guidelines for a Successful Career & Networking Fair:
- Plan a 60-second “commercial” about yourself
- Practice your commercial at home
- Practice confident body language, smiling, firm handshake, making eye contact, and excellent communication skills
- Introduce yourself and express interest
- Have several copies of your resume ready to hand out
- Bring several copies of any certifications/licenses for prospective employers
- Be prepared to complete an application
- Obtain follow-up information from the prospective employer
- If interviewed for a position, send a thank you note to the interviewer
- Look and be at your very best – YOU ARE BEING EVALUATED!
For professional resume copies, visit the Career Services Department on Thursday, April 6th.
The PCI Career Services Department is proud to announce the following companies will attend:
- J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital | WVU Medicine
- Allegheny Health Network
- UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC Talent Acquisition
- Center for Organ Recovery and Education (CORE)
- St. Clair Hospital
- Premier Medical Associates
- Chestnut Hills Dental
- Pittsburgh Veterinary Specialist and Emergency Center (PVSEC)
- Allegheny South Veterinary Services
- Animal Rescue League
- Western PA Humane Society
- Camp Bow Wow
- Massage Bar
- Massage Envy Spa
- Honor Your Body Wellness
- Giant Eagle, Inc.
- PNC Bank
- Home Instead Senior Care
- The Pines of Mt. Lebanon
- Empyrean Group
- Community Options, Inc.
- Housing and Education Resource Program, Inc.
- This Generation Cares, LLC
- A-Line Staffing
- Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh and the Commoner
- University of Pittsburgh Dental School
- University Veterinary Specialists
- Uniontown Hospital
- Verve 360
- Delta T Group
- North American Dental Group
- Dress for Success
- Katsur Dental and Orthodontics
- Complete Dental Care
Thanks to all of our participating companies who helped to make the 2017 Career Fair a big success!