5 Questions You Should Ask on Your School Tour
Are you ready for your start in the health and medical industry? Improving a patient’s health can be a rewarding feeling which is one of the reasons why many people join the healthcare industry.
The best place to start is by taking a tour of the school and program you’re interested in! You’ll be able to meet some of the staff members, see firsthand how classes are run, dive deeper into our opportunities like career services and events, and ask any questions you may have. Here are some great questions you may want to consider asking when taking a tour at Pittsburgh Career Institute.
1. Is Financial Aid* Available?
Knowing your options when it comes to financial aid is important when looking for schools to attend! That’s why our Admissions and Financial Aid team is here to help you know what opportunities are available to you.
There are different types of financial aid such as Pell Grants, scholarships, student loans, financing options, and more. Investing in your education is an important step in the process of progressing in your future!
*Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
2. What Schedules Do You Offer?
Currently, our class schedule is Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for students wanting to pursue a career in healthcare. Each of our programs has different start dates throughout the year. You can call either our Admissions Office or follow us on Facebook to learn more about when our next start date is for your program of interest!
3. How Long Will It Take for Me To Finish My Program?
Each course has its own length of time to completion and will help prepare students to sit for the state boards to make sure they’re ready to practice in the world of medicine.
Our programs can be completed in as little as:
- Dental Assistant – 40 instructional weeks
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography – 100 instructional Weeks
- Medical Assistant – 40 instructional Weeks
- Respiratory Therapy – 90 instructional weeks
- Surgical Technology – 60 instructional weeks
- Veterinary Technology – 70 instructional weeks
4. How Can Pittsburgh Career Institute Help Me Find a Job?
While we cannot guarantee employment for students we do have a career services department established to help you in your journey to finding work after graduation. They can begin working with you starting from orientation and throughout your journey at Pittsburgh Career Institute.
We can help with:
- Job searching
- Professional networking tips and events (i.e. career fairs and workshops)
- Interview preparation
- Resume writing
- Helping find part-time employment while attending Pittsburgh Career Institute
Plus, we offer programs that are in demand which can help make finding a job easier. Here are some of the job outlooks expected to increase in 2018 to 2028 from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Dental Assistant – 11% (Much faster than average)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography – 14% (Much faster than average)
- Medical Assistant – 23% (Much faster than average)
- Respiratory Therapy – 21% (Much faster than average)
- Surgical Technologist – 9% (Faster than average)
- Veterinary Technicians – 19% (Much faster than average)
5. How Do I Apply?
Applying is super easy at Pittsburgh Career Institute! All you need to do is contact our Admissions Team or fill out a form and we’ll get in touch and help walk you through the process of getting started!
Our general admissions requirements include:
- High School diploma, or equivalent
- Interview with an Admissions Representative
- Passed background check
- Entrance exam
- Completion of admissions and enrollment documents
Some programs may have additional admissions requirements
Explore the Possibilities With Us!
If you’ve ever had the desire to learn more about becoming a Dental Assistant, Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, Medical Assistant, Respiratory Therapist, Surgical Technician, or Veterinary Technician, now is your chance to learn more about the field you’re interested in.
We’re excited to learn more about what your goals in healthcare are! Book a tour with us and we can help show you around our school and how Pittsburgh Career Institute can help you achieve your career goals. Apply today and get started towards a career you can love!