Wednesday, April 11th • 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Open to All Current PCI Students and Alumni
Network with Employers and Kick-Start Your New Career!
School-sponsored career fairs are popular for recruiting entry-level employees. They allow corporate recruiters to screen many prospects in a short amount of time. Employers evaluate job candidates based on appearance, communication skills and first impressions, in addition to qualifications. Below are guidelines to help you get the most out of this exciting event.
Guidelines for a Successful Career & Networking Fair:
- Plan a 60-second “commercial” about yourself
- Practice your commercial at home
- Practice confident body language, smiling, firm handshake, making eye contact, and excellent communication skills
- Introduce yourself and express interest
- Have several copies of your resume ready to hand out
- Bring several copies of any certifications/licenses for prospective employers
- Be prepared to complete an application
- Obtain follow-up information from the prospective employer
- If interviewed for a position, send a thank you note to the interviewer
- Look and be at your very best – YOU ARE BEING EVALUATED!
The PCI Career Services Department is proud to announce the following companies will attend:
- Allegheny Health Network
- Allegheny South, Hickory and South Hills Veterinary Services
- AHN Health and Science Team
- Avalon Veterinary Hospital
- Camp Bow Wow
- CORE – Center for Organ Recovery and Education
- Delta T Group
- Dress for Success
- The Empyrean Group
- Excela Health
- Goodwill of Southwest PA
- HCR-Manor Care – Greentree
- Home Instead Senior Care
- Honor Your Body Wellness
- Kids Plus Pediatrics
- Massage Envy, Squirrel Hill
- North American Dental
- Ovation Revenue Cycle Services – Coding Specialists
- Premier Comp Solutions
- Premier Medical
- St. Clair Hospital
- University of Pittsburgh, Talent Acquisition
- University Veterinary Specialists
- UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC – Billing
- Vita Massage
- Weirton Hospital
- WVU Medicine
Check back soon for updates to this list!
Thanks to all of our participating companies who helped to make the 2017 Career Fair a big success!